Jan 23, 2009

Did I mention...

When we went to go get Clara's cello, I casually asked how much it cost to rent an adult cello and to my surprise it was hardly anything, especially for such a big instrument! I couldn't resist. My fingers are raw and on the verge of bleeding I have played so much cello over the past two days. It is dramatically different than violin, but yet it has a lot of similarities. Having the deep, rich, gorgeous sound waft through the rooms of our home has been such a pleasure. Jordan and Emily line up every time I play, to take their turn. Since we all know how to hold a violin bow, move our fingers around a fingerboard and stroke the bow on the strings, we have all had an amazing time pretending we were Yo-Yo Ma.

A Little Lesson:
There are days I feel eighty to ninety years on this earth is simply not enough. To learn all the extraordinary musical instruments, read all the great literature, meet all the fascinating people, taste all the succulent dishes, visit all the exquisite landmarks, and still get our laundry, dishes and visiting teaching finished is more than a lifetime can possibly hold. All I can say, I hope there are cellos in heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Did I mention how much I love how your books in the office are organized. Great job Craig. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention how much I love how your books in the office are organized. Great job Craig. Colleen

    ReplyDelete