Jan 29, 2009

My Hat Collection

I love growing wheat grass, homeschooling, playing the guitar, eating organic food, letting my children run around the beach with uncombed hair, and natural medicine...I could even be a vegan if I didn't like McDonald's Egg Mc Muffins so much. I love listening to classical music, reading Robert Frost poetry, Shakespeare, and classic literature...I could even be a scholar if I didn't like spending the evening watching American Idol and Twenty-Four on TV so much. Before children, I loved to jog, play sports, run races, complete strenuous long distant feats....I could even be an athlete if I didn't love not exercising so much. I love talking to friends on the phone, entertaining dozens in my home, playing games with other couples and going out on the town with husband...I could be a social butterfly if I didn't love being alone for big chunks of time and composing music in complete isolation so much. I love visiting Thailand, Japan, New York, Australia, Newfoundland and other cool destinations...I could be a world traveler if I didn't love staying home in my pajamas and slippers and puttering on home and garden projects so much. I haven't quite figured out who I am yet.

A Little Lesson:
Remember high school? The jocks, the brains, the artists, the popular gang, the drama lovers, the band/choir group, the techies, the bohemians ohhhhhh, so many groups to choose from with so little time. I never did decide which one I liked the best...they were all so cool. Thank goodness we are no longer in high school and we can switch the hats we wear as often as we like and with as little effort as pouring a few wheat berries into a mason jar. As they used to say in high school Carpe Diem! ...or at least they did in the eighties.

No comments:

Post a Comment