Jan 10, 2009

The Place

When I walk through these doors my heart swells with gratitude and appreciation. This is the place where all four of my children were brought to this earth. This is the place that has saved my children from beads in their noses, fevers that wont go down, broken arms and cuts that need stitches. This is the place that saved little Chas's life last year and this will be the place that saves his life this year. The doctors are gentle, the nurses are kind and children are what it's all about around here. I always walk through the doors with a thankful heart.

A Little Lesson:
I explain to Clara that she needs to get her coat on because we are going to take some lunch to Sariah in the hospital. "She doesn't have any food?" she asked. "Nope, so we are going to take her some." Upon entering the hospital Clara sees the coffee shop full of food and announces: "Mom, look there's lot of food here!" "Sweetheart, that's really expensive food." The light goes on and Clara understands. "Ohhh, we are bringing her food because she doesn't have any money. It's kind to give people things when they don't have any money." "Yes my darling it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment