May 29, 2009

One Wish

Today is my birthday.
I have one wish . . .

Over the past 38 years and over the next fifty,
I will forget all of your birthdays.
I'm just bad at stuff like this.

I hit about 3/5 for Col, and Dallin usually reminds me about Sariah, De's was three days ago and I forgot, and I still don't really know when Niki's is, and I almost always miss all nine of the Chicks except maybe a handful of times I've hit Melissa and Tam, I remember once taking Lisa out about 8 years ago for hers, I used to be pretty good with Christine for about 3 years, Diana I think I mentioned it once at church, Christina I think twice, Amanda I used to be great in high school but now I don't always remember to call, as for Jess Annie and Shan...forget it, Karen I think we did something once back when we homeschooled five years ago, as for my stake activities team Al, Barb, and Julianne ya not so good, Rana yours is so close to mine and I still forget, my sweet friends I visit teach. . .only if my partner remembers, as for all my cousins and extended family. . .uhhhh not so good, as for my in laws. . .I'm terrible, my daughter was born on my grandma's birthday who I adore and I still forget, as for my sisters and parents. . . I'm pretty good, not perfect though, as for my kids well....they remind me so much it would be impossible to forget!

Please know, that although I completely forget to send you a card,
buy you a gift, pick up the phone and wish you a Happy Birthday,
that I cherish you deeply and I am so glad that many years ago you were born.
Please continue to love me even when I let your sacred day come and go
without even as much as a "Happy Birthday" from me.
And if I forgot to put your name down on my "I forget your birthday" list up above,
please forgive me, I still think you're awesome!

That is my wish.
I hope it comes true.
Love you all!


12 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLEY!! I hope you have a SPECTACULAR day!

    *is this one of those "SUPER EXTRAVEGANT" birthdays you and Craig do?

    Anyway, love you loads and hope your day is as special as you want it to be!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I have the same problem...can I call this my "happy birthday" phone call...were new age aren't we? Have a Happy Day...glad you were born too. Aren't you 40 YET?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELL!! Don't worry about forgetting things. I blame it all on pregnancy brain.
    It still works!
    HA!
    Hope today is an amazing day and you are spoiled royally. It's what a Queen deserves!

    Love ya too!! Tons and tons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you spent your day stressing about snakes!!!! I forgot to wish you HB when i talked to you!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
    PS - i am actually back on your blog for about the 3rd time today to read about the snakes again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Shelley! Hope you celebrate outside and enjoy this beautiful wonderful glorious sunshine. Wish I lived close and could pop over a delicious yummy birthday cake, but maybe we should meet at a beach soon.....enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday again my friend!! SNAKES?!?!?! Can't wait to hear about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!!! I sure love reading your blog. Your insight and talents amaze me. Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I renmembered in the morning but as the day went on I did forget...but that teaches me that at my stage of life ...if I remember at all NOT TO WAIT!!! Hope you had a great day... we love you....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday again - loved the party last night and the talent shows and the friendship.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelley..... I remember well, dad driving me to the hospital a couple hours before you were born and I said to him I sure hope its another GIRL... I don't remember dads response as we were madly driving through red lights, but words can't describe my joy when you were born.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always a pleasure to spend time with you... Thanks so much for the special visit on your Birthday Evening! You had this little skip in your voice and it's so great to see your sprit shine with happiness on your special day!

    Happy Happy Birthday :-)
    And by the way 'Your YARD is spectaculr'!!! Great job to you, Craig and Family-enjoy the view all summer long!

    Love ya, Tam

    ReplyDelete