May 22, 2009

Twenty Minutes


This is the worst part of owning a business.

I love to compose, teach, lecture, speak, travel, share, learn, mingle
and all the other wonderful parts of what I do for my little hobby on the side.

It's when people order materials from the website (the nerve) that
means I have to bubblewrap, package, tape, measure, weigh, and yes, go to the post office!
YUCK!

Most of my items on my website are downloadable.
But there are always a few teachers who just want the real thing.

A Little Lesson:
I usually put it off for a few days.
When I finally sit down and do it, it only takes about 20 minutes.
I find this is the case with most things I am not wanting to do.
Hundreds of minutes of head stress, putting off and procrastinating.
Twenty minutes out of my day.
If I could really remember this particular lesson it would be really nice.

3 comments:

  1. I hate shipping too...until I discovered pick up. You can schedual on line and they pick it up...however I am usually procrastinating too long to wait another day for them to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the dreaded mail out! Not everyone understand how difficult this can be for some, don't even get me started on faxing.

    I think this mailout situation would be a perfect job for Jordon. You could create an inbox for him and he could check it each day, then do the mailout. If Jordon knew there was an order to be mailed out I think he would have a hard time sleeping.

    After all you are an ARTIST you can't be bogged down with this kind of paperwork and Type A tasks it could interfere with your creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma M could HELP too. I love to work and do things.. Hey Jordan and I could do it together

    ReplyDelete