May 7, 2009

Away at Camp


Jordan left for camp this morning. Three whole days. I am weak with stuff like this. Does it have to be for so long? As we were driving to the school with all Jordan's camping paraphernalia, Emily asked "Mom, with Jordan gone and everything can I have his room?" Emily is not feeling the sadness as deeply as I am.

A Little Lesson:
I remember that dark September morning I woke up before my sleeping family and sat on the living room couch and cried. It was Jordan's first day of preschool. Three whole hours. Did it have to be so long? What if he had to go to the bathroom and couldn't get his top button undone, or done back up! What if the "Big One" (earthquake) came? What if another child said something unkind? I still wonder all of those things, but thankfully he knows how to do up his pants on his own now. I think the emotion and feeling of missing someone begins at birth when we are separated from our existence in heaven. We spend our lives missing the God that created us and so we long for something. We know there is something missing. It is us. We are missing. We are no longer in His presence and so deep inside our souls we desire to return to Him. I believe that is why mankind is always searching for something. We are not actually lost, just temporarily away at camp. When camp is over, the reunion will be glorious.

2 comments:

  1. I love his look, same look my kids give me. The "not another picture mom" and then follows, "you aren't going to blog this are you?"

    He also looks so much like Craig in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good looking boy (young man). I think every mom feels the same way. Wait until he goes on his mission if you thin 3 days is a long time......

    ReplyDelete