May 8, 2009

Girl Talk



It was date night with Emily and she asked if Ikea sold the Olympic mascot stuffies.
I wasn't sure, so we went to check it out.
They don't.
Instead, we went into EVERY living room, dinning room, and kitchen showroom and pretended it was our house. We sat on the couch, we pretended to watch the fake TV and Emily served me pretend gourmet dishes from the plates and accessories from the different cupboards. She had a BLAST! It was like living in a fairy tale.

Then we had an Ikea hot dog and went home.
A Little Lesson:
Unless we are on a date, Emily doesn't spend a whole lot of one on one time with me.
She shares a room with her sister, she's at school all day, and she has three siblings.
She talked all the way there, all the way home, and most of the time we were in the store.
There was no interruptions.
She told me everything she was thinking about, and a little more.
It worked out perfectly.
She was desperate to share and I was desperate to listen.

2 comments:

  1. I was also roaming around Ikea on Friday night (sans les enfants) - too bad we didn't bump into each other - miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one thing that I loved to do with Emily when they were here visiting. I couldn't believe how much she likes to talk now! Its been too long seeing you guys but the last time you were down she barely made a peep but this time I couldn't get enough of listening to my sweet neice. Thanks for helping me color the boxes for Grandma's mother's day present Em!

    ReplyDelete