May 3, 2009

Unanimous!

Remember this?

Which turned into this . . .

After a few more tweaks became this . . .
To compete with others of its kind like this . . .
Where it was judged and awarded the
honour of going on to the REGIONALS!!!

Where it joined some pretty stellar tablemates like this. . .

Owned by young winners from around the city like this. . .


Where awards were given out to the students like these. . .
the first nations award
the vancouver police award
the transportation award
the environmental award
the arts and culture award
the immigration award etc.

None of which I heard because of this . . .
(Benjamin falling in love with the 60's Hippy Display in the Vancouver Museum a few
feet away from where Jordan and the rest of the audience were gathered.)

After hearing a roar of applause from the audience,
I peeked my head back into the room and saw this . . .


Which meant this young man . . .

Is going here . . .

Parliament Hill Ottawa
Where he will be an ambassador for BC in the NATIONALS!!!

A Little Lesson:

I tried not to cry. I was overwhelmed with joy as I rushed back into the room to congratulate my son. He was beaming. He was being mobbed by fellow participants and parents, and classmates and judges all congratulating him. I stood and watched this little guy of mine. I tried not to cry. After the crowd dissipated and there were only a few people left in the room, I went up to the head judge and organizer of the event and thanked her for coordinating such a great experience for the kids. She smiled at me and said "It was completely unanimous, every single judge, there was no doubt." Gulp. I was no longer able to hold back the tears, my eyes welled up and I quickly fussed with Benjamin in the stroller so not to look like the blubbering mom. A mother can only take so much!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jordan!! You worked so hard and you were well rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!!!!!!!!! This is when it is SO exciting to be a grandma... and did I mention I was the FIRST one to let out my war-hoop and run up and take a picture. Everyone around me were priveleded to hear that it was MY grandson who won..... Congrats again Jordan...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jordan - great topic - congrulations on your fine presentation. Did I mention with appreciation Grandma Matkin's role in the topic. You are growing into a fine young man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I am a tears. I am so proud of you Jordan. Kids have comments
    Hunter says- "Congrats,I liked you idea!"
    Jess Says- "I liked your beatle and I know you worked hard."
    Logan Says-"I really liked it."

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOOO HOOOOO Jordan!!!! Can't wait to see you and give you a HUGE hug...Great job!!! What a wonderful experience awaits you...WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no greater satisfaction than credit for a job well done - YAY JORDAN!! On a FANTASTIC job!!

    What a great memory for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom, you make it sound like I just won the gold medal for the Olympics...calm down a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claim it Jordan and enjoy every minute of this!!! You deserve it! Congratulations on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete