Dec 5, 2012

Many Steps

(Shajni, one of my young women and her mom made this beautiful diaper cake - amazing!)
Baby Parker was spoiled over and over again by friends and family everywhere.  Basketball moms, teachers at school, neighbours, Craig's boss, clients and co-workers, Young Women and members of our ward, and friends from present and past have showered this little guy with adorable gifts and delicious meals.  This is baby number five . . . we surely expected nothing!!!! We have truly felt the love and our hearts are so full.

A Little Lesson
This past week I've been working frantically on thank you notes.  The simple card says thank you for the gift.    But really I want to say HEY EVERYBODY . . . I know it can be a pain to go out, find a gift, wrap it, consider a card (I rarely do this  - I'm lame), remember to bring it to church, or drive to the shower when it's dark outside, or drop it off at my house and climb my never-ending staircase. . . and so on and so on. Perhaps I am in the thick of less sleep and more laundry than ever and this simple task seems completely onerous, but I really, really appreciate the many steps it takes to think of someone and actually do something for them.