Dec 8, 2012

Casualties of Dormancy

Every year it happens.  I carefully pull out my Christmas decor items only to discover another casualty. These delicate items sit magestically in their chosen spots during the Chrismas season. They are not played with or bounced around. It always seems to happen when they are wrapped up sitting dormant in storage bins.  Somehow that is when they take a hit.  

Here are my Christmas casualties from the last 2 decades. . . 

Squirrel missing head.

 
 Tree missing star, hat missing pom pom.
 Cow missing horn.

Most of my Christmas items are in pretty beautiful condition. . .knock on wood.  But oh I just hate it when I open up another bin only to find a precious little treasure missing a limb.  I don't like broken things on display.  Why not just throw them away?  Sentimental gush alert.  That's the E in BELIEVE!!!  How could I?  That Santa was painted for me ten years ago by one of my dearest friends De!!!  The cow belongs to the first nativity set Craig and I purchased in our "poor" student years. I also like to think they are my little reminders of the following lesson.  .  . 

A Little Lesson
When we sit dormant, doing nothing, wrapped up in delicate tissue paper, we become frail, stuck and most vulnerable of getting hurt and even damaged.  We need to get up, get out and do what we are here to do. . . I believe!




A few bins later. . .
casualty year 2012
Yikes!
Ya, I might need to take a course in wrapping and packing.