Dec 11, 2012

Charged


It's a little thing really.  But it's made all the difference.  Swimming in my head are thousands of little details that make up the ins and outs of my average day. I fall into bed each night hardly able to take another step.  Without fail, I forget to do many of the little things I set out to do when my feet hit the cold floor at the start of the day.


Since the arrival of our newest little addition, Craig has taken over finding my iphone at the end of the evening and charging it. Since I've spent more than a handful of my days with a dead cell phone, due to my forgetfulness, this has meant the world to me.  Serving me in this way is not always a cake walk either.  It requires retracing my steps as to where I might have left the darn thing. The car, my pocket, my purse, the ledge, are just a few of the places he tracks it down for me to plug it in each and every night.  I take care of little and big people all day long, a job I love and cherish.  However, that simple gesture of someone taking care of me in that little way has re-charged me in a way that can't be explained. Thank you my darling.

A Little Lesson
When one of my dear friends Sariah's mom fell and broke both of her arms she received plate after plate of cookies, brownies, and delicious baked goods prepared by sweet sisters in her ward ready and willing to help.  She received flowers and casseroles and cards to fill every square inch of her mantel.  Then one day, someone arrived on her door step with an electric toothbrush.  It was the best and greatest gift she could have been given.  It was service with purpose.  With two broken arms, brushing her teeth had become terribly difficult.  This thoughtful member of her church took an extra minute and gave . . . meaningfully.  I aspire to serve others in this way.