Dec 18, 2012

Make up

Thank you nice lady at the Mac store.  
I make up beds. I make up stories.  I'll even help you to make up your mind.
But I don't really do make up.
I tried to tell her she didn't need it.
She gently reminds me she is not the same person I was in grade seven.
(I've never liked make up.)
She likes make up. 
She tells me she is the last grade sevener in the province of 
British Columbia to be allowed to wear make up.
(Really, the whole province?)
I get it.
So I went to the big guns.
The professionals.
Thank you nice lady at the Mac Store.
A Little Lesson
She's right.  I naturally steer my kids in the same direction I travelled when I was their age because that is what I know.  That is what is comfortable.  Let it be known, I am willing to turn left and even right off my comfortable beaten path.  Just let me stop once and a while to ask for help, and get some directions.  Thank you nice lady at the Mac Store.