Oct 10, 2009

Where Did I Go?


I disappeared here on the blog for over a month during August and September.
Although I was busy with all sorts of things my heart, mind and soul were engaged daily with another special assignment that was extended to me in the late spring. I am going to be in charge of the Temple Youth Celebration that will take place at the Langley Event Center the night before the Temple Dedication. This will involve all the youth from the province who live in the temple district as well as the youth from Bellingham. I have just finished the script and composing the songs and they will finally be delivered to Salt Lake for approval this week. It has taken the early hours of my morning when I usually blog and it has taken the few hours I get when Benjamin sleeps every afternoon. It has been a labour of love. I have an incredible team of people who will help me bring this show to the stage. I decided not to write about the daily details of this process as it felt so special. Not secret. Just special. Never have I felt more love and peace composing then I have writing music for the Temple. It has filled my soul when life around me sometimes felt hard and heavy.

A Little Lesson:
That is what the temple is.
Love and peace.
A refuge for the weary.
Sunshine for the soul.
I love to see the temple . . .and in a few more months. . .
I'm going there some day!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you are back and I so looking forward to the temple activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the final production.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just spent some time reading up on your activities. You are amazingly busy and productive! We all love you and your family. I'm excited to hear about the temple dedication. It is very special that you are able to use your talent in this way. Grandma told me about it.

    ReplyDelete