Oct 8, 2009

Only Child


The house is quiet.
Benjamin is having a little miso soup snack.
With Clara in Kindergarten, he has recently become an only child
for 1 hour and 53 minutes of the day.
Everyday.
He likes it.

A Little Lesson:
Wouldn't it be great if we could knock down that fence that divides the grass that is greener on the other side of us and have it all. I would sign up to raise an only child when I was teaching the family home evening lesson, traveling, sacrament meeting, buying school clothes and making supper. I would sign up for raising four kids for the family home evening game, Saturday morning chores, summer days at the beach, bedtime stories, trips to Disneyland, mother's day breakfast and after school hangout on the couch. Since I can barely keep the little patch of grass I have now mowed and weeded perhaps I should be grateful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment