Oct 6, 2009

Another Big Day


We don't have an English sign on our building, just Spanish.
It was a big day. One I had thought about many times. Craig had taken Jordan on many special "father and son" times to talk about receiving the priesthood. He had learned from thoughtful primary teachers, he had watched the deacons, priests and teachers in sacrament meeting and today was a big day. With the priesthood safely resting on the shoulders of my twelve year old, Jordan went to the front of the chapel and joined his fellow comrades to pass the sacrament to the ward. He insisted earlier that morning that I didn't sit in the pew and cry through all of this. There was no worry for that. Keeping Benjamin entertained for the few minutes during sacrament prevented any tender moments of motherhood to produce any form of tears. It was beautiful though. I felt so happy and so full of love for my boy.

A Little Lesson
These big moments in our lives come and go. I remember driving to the temple with Craig to be sealed on a beautiful sunny day, violins could be heard in my head but upon seeing on one of our forms we were missing an important signature we dashed off to city hall to take of it before the start of the ceremony. I remember when Emily was to be blessed, dressed in her beautiful white blessing dress grandma sewed out of my wedding gown, again, violins began to play in my head until seconds before she was put in the cradling hands of the priesthood circle she threw up 2-3 cups of formula all over her daddy's right shoulder. I remember when Craig received the phone call to come to the stake center to be interviewed to be in the stake presidency, we drove reverently to the chapel on a beautiful sunny day, beautiful violin melodies again could almost be heard in my head until I turned around to see the sad state of our car filled with wrappers, lunch kits, library books, a few solo shoes and food particles I didn't know what food group they came from, forced me to tell Craig to park a little ways away from the stake office doors, in case the general authority walked us to our car! The big moments are always laced with a little dose of reality. Benjamin's behavior was right on cue. Keeping it real. One day I will hear those violins play, but I am not holding my breath.


4 comments:

  1. Big moments give us focus and I am very proud of Jordan for his focus on life. He is already a fine young man. For most of us there are only a few big moments so we are more sustained in fact by how we enjoy the simple small moments in this wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hansome young man you are Jordan! Congratulations! May the Lord continue to bless you as you make correct choices in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordon you are an amazing young man! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad I was able to be there on your special day. love ya. Shauna

    ReplyDelete