Oct 8, 2009

Cousins


Some of my favourite people walking the earth are my cousins. I don't get to see them a whole lot as so many of them live in Alberta, but I just think they're all so awesome. Half of them are awesome moms, living the gospel while juggling a family and home. The other half are awesome dads, living the gospel while juggling family and work. Then there are a few little guys who are just coming onto the scene. (Auntie Lisa was born just as my dad left for his mission.) The other night I went to a Vancouver Giants game. Yes, I enjoyed a good game of hockey, but I wasn't there to cheer on the home team. Not this time! That's my talented cousin Mitch, number 6, playing for Lethbridge at the Pacific Coliseum! He was incredible! It took everything inside of me to not yell at the Lethbridge coach every time he was taken off the ice. He was just so fast and his shot was like a mac truck bullet and he weaved in and out of everyone . . .oh what a fun game to watch.
A Little Lesson:
I was so proud of Mitch!!! I sat there and cheered with all my might. But really I wish I could do that with all my 27 cousins. Give them a standing ovation and let them all know how proud I am of all of them working so hard, playing the game of life so well! As most of them don't have stadium seats in their living room, this blog post of gratitude for them will have to do.
Just imagine I'm doing the wave right now.
Go team go!

2 comments:

  1. Mom and I and Shauna also so the skating wizardry of our famous becoming nephew. At one point in the game there was this huge brawl it had something to do with the goaly - anyway Mitch was the only one emerging unscathed - two players kicked out of the game - two getting 10 minute misconducts - two getting 2 minutes etc. We congratulated Mitch on his escape from penalty - he said "I tried but nobody wanted to fight me." He showed some Bobby Orr type of skill in my books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are cheering for you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete