Oct 19, 2009

Mentors




And so it goes we begin the "lasts".
The last time we will this and the last we will that . . .
Friday we hosted our last "stake presidency" dinner that we have been having for the past six years, rotating from the Sugdens to the Walkers and back again to us. We always have such a wonderful time laughing and talking with one another over good food and conversation. We will miss many things about living here in Vancouver, but this will be one at the top of the list. Craig having the opportunity to serve in the stake presidency side by side with these stellar men has been such a privilege that will stay with him for a lifetime.

A Little Lesson:
I think all of us should make sure we have a few people in our lives that act as a mentor for us to keep our eye on as we go through our years here on earth. To me that means someone living their lives the way you hope to one day. So many of my friends and family are mentors in the way they serve, find humour, overcome challenges, embrace the gospel etc. When I was little I remember thinking my Grandpa and Grandma could truly do no wrong. I still feel that way. Even though my Grandpa has passed on he is still a mentor to me in how he spent his life dedicated to serving the Lord and his family. He was never a man of wealth, but rather a man of character. Although his ability to grow peas, raspberry and carrots for the grandchildren could of made him a fortune in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment