Oct 28, 2009

Step Two

Step One: Spring . . .
I sit at my piano in the living room and every song flowing through my head is being sung by their voices. It's like magic. I don't hear my voice. I cry. At times the music is so touching.

Step Two: Last Weekend
I put all the songs into the computer. I cry. They sound awful. The magic is gone. Reality hits and the songs are scratchy, hoarse and barely melodic with my raspy voice stretching for the big notes. But it is necessary to get the music onto tracks so I endure...barely.


Step Three: Last night . . .
Then they come over. I cry. The cacophony turns into breathtaking sounds I once heard back in the spring when most of the temple music unfolded. Rachel and Linda save the day . . .again.

A Little Lesson:
I think most things in life have a dreaded step two. Sometimes it lasts a weekend, a month, a season, or even many years. Step two is usually necessary. It's the "hard part" of most goals we want to accomplish while we are here on earth. The trick...remembering there is a step three... hang on.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hanging on! I can't wait to hear it. love ya

    ReplyDelete