Oct 14, 2009

Yikes!


In our kindergarten there is not a hamster or a goldfish or a turtle that comes home but rather a class mascot stuffie. There is a little book that comes home with her to record all the fun things Callie the Cat does with your child. Clara lucked out and came home with the beloved backpack on Friday after school. Four days and three nights of fun-filled holiday weekend snuggling and more snuggling. I don't know when I became a germaphobe. But as I read through Callie's previous journal entries and read sentences like "I had a fever so I snuggled Callie all night . . ." next page, next child, "I took Callie to bed with me. . ."next page, next child, "I watched Lion King with Callie and snuggled on the couch . . ." next page next child, "I fed Callie some of my dog's food . . ."next page, next child "We took Callie to my piano lesson and out to MacDonalds" It took everything inside of me, when Clara asked if I wanted to give Callie the class mascot a kiss and a hug goodnight, not to run from the room!

Little Lesson:
Yikes! I think I'm getting worse. I don't remember being this concerned when Emily brought home Leo the Lion back in the day. I used to think that worrying about germs and microbugs and getting sick was just a control thing. It's always easier to worry about what's going on on the outside of us rather than what's really going on in the inside. Today. . . I'm not so sure, where's my hand sanitizer. . .

4 comments:

  1. you get used to it -the germophobic stuff -

    the class mascot always has spa day at our house - a scrub in the tub (aka washing machine of hot with heavy duty soap) and a fluff for the stuff - in a hot dryer followed by grooming session - of brushing and smoothing out the fur balls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had fun with Callie Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting how peanuts have been getting so much bad press over the last few years, I mean heaven forbidden one makes into a school lunch without the whole school coming unglued. Meanwhile soft and furry stuffies riddled with disease that would make pig flu seem like a hangnail just fly under the radar going from house to house backpack to backpack happily being cuddled, mouthed and who know what else by every kindergartener in Vancouver. Hmm the injustice.
    Forget the spa treatment (sorry Judy) the first thing I would do when Callie arrived home is to check for a hidden camera.

    ReplyDelete