Feb 7, 2009

I Worked it Out


As I have been trying to weave composing, businessblogbuilding, packing presentation paraphernalia into pancake flipping, diaper changing and bedtime story reading in order to get ready for my trip to New Orleans I started to think...if it's possible to keep a healthy balance between being a devoted mom/wife and projects I love to do. I decided to worked it out on the calculator. If I wanted to get an A on my parenting report card, and the last time I checked an A was 86% (I'm not shooting for a high A, common), and the theme of almost all Mormon commercial say...It's About Time. I wake up around 5am and go to bed around 10pm it works out to be that I have approximately 2.26 hours per day for project Me:

composing, reading a book, blogging, running my tiny little business,
composing, sudoku, learning the cello, and composing!

and 14.74 hours per day on project Devoted Mom/Wife:

hugging, kissing, tickling, cleaning, laundry, scheduling, dishes, reading, diapering,
ironing (just kidding), mopping, folding, lunch packing, chauffeuring, practicing, scolding,
dusting, sweeping, gaming, listening, advising, playdate arranging, cooking, dating, baking,
tidying, wiping, dressing, laughing, searching, watching, scrubbing, and lots and lots of loving!

A Little Lesson:
It can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment