Feb 21, 2009

Almost Earth Shattering

My girls like to play dress up. It's usually called "house" or "family". Someone is the mommy and someone is the child and sometimes there is a baby, whether of the plastic doll or Benjamin persuasion. It never really entered reality land when my girls were completely not interested in changing, feeding, bathing or doing any of the real "looking after baby" stuff. Sure they liked to watch, but when I would say hey do you want to feed the baby, they would look at the jar of green mush and say "Ewww." As for changing the little turkey, not a chance. The other night, Emily came to me and said "Mom, can I put Benjamin to bed and do everything?" I looked at her puzzled "Everything?" She smiled "YEP!" Emily skirted off and got her little brother completely ready for bed. She changed his diaper, got his jammies on, read him a story, made him a bottle, fed him a bottle, said prayers and put him in his crib, turned off the light and shut the door. She came back downstairs and reported.

A Little Lesson:
Sometimes I can hear a concourse of angel choirs quietly singing in the near distance, and then it is like a burst of sunshine breaking through a cloudy sky and the volume of the symphony reaches it's climax as they break into Beethoven's Ode to Joy...kind of like THIS.
I know...a little dramatic, but it really felt like an earth shattering moment in the day to day goings on of our little family. Now I'm waiting for Jordan to suddenly request if he could clean the toilets or do several loads of laundry.

4 comments:

  1. Ok that was the best description of how it felt I have ever heard. I laughed out loud so hard. That is pretty earth shattering, come on Jordan get on those toilets! Mom made me cry this morning with her blog and then I turned to yours and laughed super hard. Thanks for the laughs hon. Wish we lived closer but this helps keep you guys there. Oh and congratulations on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just adorable. That brings me back to my earlier days in never wanting to change Curtis. Such a cute story and such a great story to remember for your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely deserving of the title! I would of dropped over dead if my Grant or Joseph would of done that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those moments!! Maybe Emily is practicing for when you are away. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete