Jul 28, 2008

Just A Little Spread



I feel one of the greatest blessings I have on this earth is an extraordinary group of people I get the privilege of calling my close friends. Not a day goes by that I don't say to myself how lucky I am to enjoy the company of so many really quite exceptional people. And then there is Colleen. She moved to Kelowna a number of years ago but we connect pretty much every day on the phone to exchange "the latest" even if only for a few quick seconds. As luck would have it, our family reunion was moved from Fairmont to Kelowna, also known as Colleen's home. I phoned her a few minutes before church on Sunday morning and said hey I'm coming over after church - I insisted she didn't clean a thing or prepare any food we were just coming to see her and Emma. Peanut butter sandwiches would be perfectly fine. At the end of our church meetings she slipped away back home while I gathered my troops and finally got them all in the car and headed to her home. With no notice and little time, what was waiting for us hungry post-church gang of six? Just a little spread...

A Little Lesson:
A great friend is worth all the diamonds, all the rubies, and all the silver and the gold. Hold on tight and don't let them slip away!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! and I am truely blessed to be able to call you one of my GREAT friends!
    love de

    ReplyDelete