Jul 24, 2008

An Easy Decision

Most woman love to shop. It's about number 87 on my favourite things to do. We needed to get Clara a new life jacket, Jordan a new bike, Benjamin some new sandals, Emily a new swimsuit, we needed a car rack, I had to get special bandages for Clara's arm to get her bad burn through the summer, we needed to get camping chairs for the girls, a new set of badminton rackets (Lucy took up badminton last summer and chewed all the equipment to pieces), we needed more sunscreen, some extra long freezes the kind you buy when you're on vacation, Jordan earned a new hockey stick, Emily earned a new game, Jordan needed some new t-shirts, Benjamin needed a hat he couldn't take off. I needed new sunglasses, board shorts and some T-shirts, and I figured it was time to get a new volleyball. My shopping list was chaotically swimming around in my head as I drove out of my driveway onto the open road with four children in the back seat. Where would we start? It was the easiest decision in the world, I didn't have to think, or wonder or decide...my car knew exactly where to go...Wal Mart.

A Little Lesson:
I believe in artisan shops, family-run businesses, boutiques, crafter's markets, and I believe in every little store where the owner is sitting behind the till waiting to serve you. Two days before departing on the family vacation with four kids in tote, I believe in Wal Mart!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Wal Mart is happy for your decision! Have a fun trip! Can't wait to hear about it when you get home!
    love de

    ReplyDelete