Nov 26, 2012

Some Day is Here!

A few years ago I was going along posting away on my blog and I wrote this little entry when Jordan was just eleven . . .




A few Friday's ago I noticed my 15 year old filling up his water bottle at the sink.  Noticing he was wearing his camping gettup . . .

Mom:  "Hey is that venture camp this weekend??"
Jordan:  "Yep you need to take me to the church in 45 minutes."
Mom:  "Oh??"
Mom:  "Do you have everything?"
Jordan:  "Yep"
Mom:  "Do you need anything?"
Jordan:  "Nope"
Mom:  "You're all packed?
Jordan "Yep"


I didn't even know where they were going! He packed everything himself, his gear, needed food,  clothes, bedding and everything else that he might need on his weekend venture camp out.  All I knew was I probably needed to pick him up sometime on Saturday afternoon.

 A Little Lesson

When did it happen?  He went from so reliant to so self reliant.  I blinked.  My little lesson back in 2008  spoke of as "some day"when he would be able to do things without me being part of the equation.  That 'some day' arrived incognito, no warning and with no grand announcement. With a newborn who requires everything from me and a fifteen year old who requires so very little - these days I try to balance holding on tight while gently letting go. . . not so easy.