Nov 21, 2012

A Blessing

pic name pic name pic name pic name pic name

On the morning of Parkers's blessing, I tried to quickly snap a few pictures of the people who took turns holding him, while everyone got ready for church.  It was a chaotic morning trying to get everyone out the door, but there is just a wonderful calmness about baby Parker.  When I hold him I quickly get lost in his beautiful eyes and his angelic stare, nothing seems so important that I can't just stop the world and gaze into his deep blue eyes.



A Little Lesson
Craig gave him a beautiful blessing.  The words reminded me of similar words spoken over fifteen years ago at my oldest son's blessing.  I suddenly understood with a greater depth that those words said by a young, inexperienced father fifteen years ago, were not just wishes or hopes or dreams placed on the head of our new baby, but rather seeds of faith.  That faith begins with just words, but continues to grow and be nurtured by those exercising that faith. Sitting next to my teenager while hearing those beautiful words of faith,  I felt a great sense of peace and joy for the opportunity our family has to live life in the gospel.   I am coming to realize it is a blessing to see through both the eyes of a new mom as I hold my little newborn, and through the eyes of an older more experienced or perhaps weathered mom as I sit in church next to my teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment