Jun 25, 2010

Today

We went to see Toy Story 3 for our Family Home Evening game on Monday night.
There's nothing like a trip to the movies to help my children
love each other just a little more.


As we waited until the last minute to bring 2 year old
Benjamin into the theatre. . .

I studied the Buzz that used to dangled safely from
Jordan's little hand whenever we would leave the house.

I looked at him.

Buzz what happened?
The little boy who used to yell
"to infinity and beyond"
is over there by the popcorn counter standing five foot ten.
And I worry if I blink we will be back here with our grandchildren.
It's going too fast.

A Little Lesson
I know if our arthritic footless Buzz could talk he would say. . .
"It's going fast but enjoy today
enjoy every minute of it. . .
and
don't worry . . .

e-t-e-r-n-i-t-y
is a long time."

As for the final scenes of Toy Story 3 - I bawled. . .
bawled like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment