Jun 29, 2010

Grown Up



Last week we all headed into Vancouver to witness
Jordan's "Edith Cavell" grade seven graduation.
It was so wonderful to see all the kids Jordan has grown up
with and their wonderful moms.

It was an emotional day for all of us parents.
They all commented how tall and grown up Jordan has become.
It feels like he is growing about an inch a week. Really.
He passed me (5'9") a few months ago and he's going for his Dad, (6'1").

A Little Lesson
I know that I am the grown up in the relationship with my boy.
However, as we are only stewards over our children and not owners,
the gap between my time on this earth and his seems to be closing quickly.
He grows wiser everyday.
He internalizes the lessons he learns in church, school and home and
brings a wonderful humble perspective that permeates our home.
Since we are all here to keep learning and growing,
when this life is over I will be grateful that we spent this earthly time. . .
growing up together.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jordan on almost finishing Grade 7 and what a tall handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete