Jun 16, 2010

Sacred Moments



Everywhere I turned they were there.
Sacred moments. . .
The Vancouver Youth Temple celebration was all around us for almost
a year of our lives and we were in the throws of this enormous production.
I wanted to journal the extraordinary experiences I was
having day in and day out. . .but I didn't know how to do it.
Posting on the blog everyday normal family experiences like I did for so long mixed with emotional, spiritually overwhelming, and life changing experiences of the temple celebration
seemed almost impossible.

It felt like trying to write neatly while riding a roller coaster.

There was the whirlwind of the pre-temple celebration.
Then there was the whirlwind of the actual temple celebration.
And now I live in the less wind and more whirl post-temple celebration.
I have a lot to say. . .
I will have to share my thoughts and experiences slowly between the day to day
grind as to not become totally overwhelmed.
I know I will never forgive myself if I don't journal these sacred days, weeks and months.

A Little Lesson
Speaking of sacred moments . . .
When I went through the temple with the temple committee one last time a few days before it opened to the public for the open house I could hardly believe my eyes. Room after room after room left me gasping in awe of it's exquisite beauty. Woven into the architecture, the design was my favourite flower . . .the dogwood. Ever since I was 16 I've wanted to plant a dogwood tree in my yard. There is something so incredible about its white simple beauty. My mom has offered year after year to buy me one for my birthday, but there was never the right spot to put it in our old house. The twelve of us finally made it to the celestial room. I stood in this holy place exhausted from months and months of work and sweat on the temple event and knowing that I still had one more month to go before this long journey was over I looked up towards heaven and covering the ceiling of that sacred room was countless white dogwoods prestinely painted with perfect elegance and grace. I started to cry. I know that I am not the only one in the world that loves that flower, but my tired heart and soul for just a brief moment, said quietly to my Father in Heaven "thank you" for giving me this glorious gift that felt like it was painted just for me. . . indeed a tender mercy of the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. You're back!!!! I am so excited to catch up on all your goings on. Love you!

    ReplyDelete