Jun 4, 2009

Out of the Blue


Sometimes I like to up my game and have something like
this waiting for them when they get home from school.
It keeps them guessing, wondering, dreaming,
what will she do next. . .

A Little Lesson:
I think one of the best parenting philosophies out there is to
simply look at how God set it all up here on earth. He gave us
commandments to keep out of trouble, blessings to show his perfect
love for us, consequences that always fit the crime, stories in a book that
show us how others did it, and the opportunity to say sorry no matter what
we've done. Some days, from my Heavenly parent, I receive a blessing I didn't
ask for, pray about, or even deserve. Just like getting an ice cold rich, frothy, smooth
chocolate milkshake with whip cream on top, when all you expected for an after school snack... was a cookie.


4 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, you're just BRILLIANT!

    Now, we just need the photo of the expression of your children when they entered the kitchen to see such a surprise! Mouths WIDE open no doubt...

    Your children will remember these moments... I still cherish from my childhood homemade bread coming out of the oven, Mother had the butter and honey waiting to be spread while the loaf cooled as it was still too warm to slice; the cookies more than variety, and of course the extra glass of milk that was there even though we always did have the luxury of having a second helping. I still feel that love and kindness from her today; what an impression Mother's can make!

    I quote often in the business seminars I teach:

    "It's not the little things that mean alot; they mean EVERYTHING!'

    Way to go...
    Love Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it - - for the last two weeks of school I am going to have awesome snacks when they come home from school. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So give me a call when you think you'll be making those again, I WANT ONE!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete