Jun 19, 2009

One More Piece

Emily comes to me Wednesday night and asks if I could help her do a puzzle for
her buddy Jenna who LOVES deers and fawns.
I agreed to get her started.
The pieces were really small.
After an hour past Emily's bedtime, we called it a night and went to bed.

She looked at me with all the sincereity she could muster.
"Mom, while I'm at school today could you work on the puzzle.
If not, I don't think it will be done in enough time to give to Jenna on Friday!"

"Sweetheart, I'll see what I can do. . . I have so many things to get done today. . ."
I had several loads of laundry to do . . .

I'll just put in one more piece. . .
I have to mail 2 packages before noon . . .

I have to get the car insurance renewed . . .
Just a few more pieces . . .

I have to pack for our little weekend gettaway with the Looses. . .
I'll just finish the head . . .

The tree trunk is almost done . . .
I have 25 emails waiting for my response . . .

Home stretch just a little more bark . . .
Dishes, bathrooms, library books, phone Christine, pick up dry cleaning. . .

What' s this?
One more piece?
I'd better leave it for Emily to put in. . .


A Little Lesson:
If somehow the computer doesn't fully represent how small and similar the
pieces of this puzzle are in real life I am here to say - this 750 piece puzzle was no picnic.
This could be a post about procrastinating. But that would be looking at the glass as
half empty. Instead the moral of this lesson will be about the little projects our kids say "Mom can we . . ." and everything inside of you says "not today there just isn't time", but once and a while you surprise them and say "okay let's do it!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed... I remember mom always leaving the last piece for us. I remember doing a lot of puzzles growing up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what I am getting Shelley's for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete