Jun 10, 2009

On Vacation



Emily got a new dress from Grandma Murley on the weekend.
As we were getting ready for church, Emily, upon looking at her self in the mirror asks,
"Mom, could you put my hair up and leave one of those little straggly hairs down?"
I tried not to act too excited as I ran to get the brush before she changed her mind.
I think this is the first time in nine years she didn't ask for a pony tail.



A Little Lesson
I believe we become who we decide we are.
Emily has always described herself as a tom boy.
Essentially that is what she is.
But I also believe, we should always have the right to take a
vacation from our self proclaimed labels whenever we like.
Emily spent the Sabbath in Paris.


1 comment:

  1. She is a sweetheart and thin as a rail like her Grandma Matkin at this age.

    ReplyDelete