Jun 15, 2009

Eleven

Last week I didn't do too much blogging.
Craig went out of town for business and I decided wouldn't it be fun if . . .



I turned my out of control messy basement from this to this.



Transform the side of my house from this to this.


Overhaul the lawn shed and take it from this to this.



Turn the kids playhouse into a groovin potting shed that has a place for everything!
(It was the girls idea, they like to plant things and pretend they are horticulturists)

These are the ones I remembered to take before and after pictures.
I also tackled. . .
my craft room
the carport
the garage
the sports closet
painted my bed
hung a picture rail full of pictures in the living room
all to make up 11 surprises for Craig to celebrate his 11 years of being a dad!


The kids greeted his taxi from the airport with cards and a blindfold

as he was taken to surprise after surprise after surprise


most of the time his face looked something like this. . .


Sometimes he gasped, sometimes he laughed and sometimes he tried not to cry.


It all finished with cards and stories of why we love dad so much.

A Little Lesson:
What little lesson did I learn in this marathon week?

I learned that cleanliness is next to Godliness.
When you bite off more than you can chew sometimes you just have to swallow.
When you serve the ones you love, your love for them grows exponentially.
Staining wood is harder than it looks.
Big and little surprises make life so much fun.
Things don't feel as expensive when you are buying them for a surprise.
Shovelling and carrying 1/2 a yard of river rock can give you tendinitis.
My kids can keep a secret.
Love isn't something we have but something we must share.


9 comments:

  1. Shelley you are the best at coming up with wonderful surprises. I am sure Craig was overwhelmed with your thoughtfulness and the love of your GREAT children....He is truly blessed with the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I feel so slothful looking at all you have done in such a short time!

    post us some photos of the other projects, even if they are just the outcome and not the before and afters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the master!!! Craig is very lucky. Post more pictures especially of the picture rail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea and how impressive are the before and after pictures - all our somewhat obcessive family will be especially happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very impressive! So I stumbled across your blog looking at someone else's... so hope you don't mind... I also sent you an invite to mine, so hopefully you got it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW is all I can say. I was one of the lucky ones to see the before and after and I must admit you really outdid yourself. We are VERY proud of your efforts and all your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a great wife and mother. Your projects look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Father's Day Craig! Wow Shelley you did awesome. I wish I could get so much accomplished, well done! My brother is a very lucky man and a wonderful father, I know you did it because he definately deserved it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete