Feb 6, 2011

Wrinkles



I started to get him all dressed up to play in our one day of snow.
This was technically the first real "enough snow to play in" day of 2010/11
He giggled with delight for every zipper, every snap and every Velcro push.
After an hour of snow adventures in our big front yard, I opened the door to call them in.
Couldn't do it.
What if it didn't snow again this year?
After two hours I opened the door, walked down the steps, almost yelled out. . .
Nope.
There is just something so spectacular about snow. . . especially for us west-coasters.
Three hours later they all came in on their own. . .half frozen.

A Little Lesson:
I decided today there was a great lesson in Benjamin's shrivelled hands.
I hope I remember it in forty years from now.
When you're having fun, there's no time to stop and worry about the wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment