Feb 6, 2011

The Whole World To Myself


Today I decided to talk Lucy for a long Sunday afternoon walk.
I put on my coat and my hat, put on Lucy's leash and headed out.
After a few minutes of walking up and down my favourite street
I've found so far living here in the ridge of the maples, I soon discovered. . .
I was all alone. Totally alone. Not just on my block, or my street or even my neighbourhood,
I venture to even say I was the only one out in my entire city.
No cars, no people walking their dogs,
no one unloading their cars,
not a soul mowing their lawn.
There was an eerie silence that blanketed the entire neighbourhood, yes, the whole city.

And then it occurred to me that I was taking Lucy for a walk
right in the middle of the Superbowl.
Clearly this new city where we now reside respects the sacredness of this event.
I had no idea.

I started to sing out loud.
I even talked out loud to myself.
I answered a few philosophical questions
and planned some goals for the upcoming week. . . out loud.

A Little Lesson:
As solitude is hard to find these days. . .
Thank you Superbowl for the little time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment