Nov 3, 2009

Halloween Time Out


She practiced all morning.
Holding out her bag and yelling "Trick or Treat!"
Until her older sister finally yelled back:
"Stop it! You're ready. You don't need to practice ANYMORE!"

A Little Lesson:
I would love to say that is where it ended.
Clara happily stopped saying trick or treat.
Emily happily went on with what she was doing.
Nope.
That would be how it would go down in the fairy tales.
Clara didn't stop.
Emily didn't let it go.
They both ended up on the stairs in full costume.
I wish I had a picture of my lion and my smurfette in time out.
Those are the pictures that make family history worth reading about a hundred years from now.

2 comments:

  1. Shelley you have a way of writing that brings a smile to my face on an other wise dull day....AH I remember it well....so love my grandchildren!!! Love you too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara you look so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete