Nov 27, 2009

Floating


Clara asked Craig. . .
"Dad how do we actually get to heaven?
Do we take a train, a car or a bus?
Or do we just float there?"

A Little Lesson:
Last night I floated.
My hands kept my body at the piano, but the rest of me was floating.
I floated when Mary assures the baby Jesus that God was near.
I floated when the angel sang to the world that Christ is born.
I floated when the Wiseman wondered where would the Lord sleep tonight.
I floated when the Innkeepers wife poured her soul
out with regret for not making room for the Lord.
Night one of the Festival of Nativities is over.
I feel so blessed to be part of a group of people who also share their testimonies through music.
Two more nights to go.
Physically I am spent, spiritually I am full.

5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful poem, we'll miss you guys, visit often, if time allows

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful poem, we'll miss you guys, visit often, if time allows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Floating is such a great word and feeling - it connotes dreaming which is why sleeping is such fun (nightmares excepted). Music like your score for the Christmas show make you want to just float away. Right on Clara.

    ReplyDelete