Jul 17, 2009

A Gift

I phoned her about something completely different.
I mentioned, in passing, about how I was working on trying to find
a reasonable plane ticket to Ottawa.
She interjected without blinking and said I am going to give you some points.
I have lots and I want to give you some, she said casually.
I quickly refused her generous offer.
She didn't accept my refusal and told me to hang up so she could go and book them.
Tami Lynn, just like that, gave me a gift.
That's just how she is.
She doesn't think about being generous.
She just is.
This is not the first time she has given away thousands of
points and I can bet my life on the fact it will not be the last.
And so two days ago I got home from a trip to Ottawa,
where my son presented his Pine Beetle Social Studies project in our nation's capital.
A Little Lesson:
How does one repay someone who gives such a generous gift?
You can't.
You bring her a souvenir, some flowers
and try to live your life just a little bit more the way she lives hers.
Love ya Tam.

3 comments:

  1. I must admit, Tami Lynn is pretty special!! I am so glad I know her and can call her my friend. We are so lucky!
    Can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami Lynn you're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT friend. She is so kind to everyone........ Cheri Matkin

    ReplyDelete