Jul 7, 2009

Back Up

The morning started with my indestructible Mac crashing.

The threat of losing

my pictures...my documents...my videos...25,000 Peace Project registrations

my valuable emails...our itunes...and every song I ever composed

took the air out of my lungs and left my brain in a thick fog.

The computer hospital asked if I had backed up my data,

I hung my head in shame and sorrow and replied...no.

The day continued as Jordan comes running announcing

that his Pine Beetle project which will be presented in Ottawa

in exactly one week, from this very moment

had been attacked by a short one-and-a-half-year-old

carrying a deadly Sharpe.

It was indeed a crime scene to behold.

I explained it was in the hallway

because I was going to take it

back up the stairs where it would be safer

then it's temporary home in the den. . .


I just hadn't taken it up yet.


Finally, evening came and I left for a meeting I had in Langley.

I decided to drive by our beloved temple.

As I drove up,

sun pouring down on this sacred building...

I stopped.

I no longer felt the grim circumstances of my present

nor the bleak what if's of my future

instead, I backed up and remembered.

Remembered all the good I enjoy in my life.

It was easy to do standing alone in the evening sun

marveling at the beautiful dark blue stain glass that adorned

the front of this Holy House.

A Little Lesson:

I think we must endure and embrace the present,

have faith and believe in the the future,

and frequently remember and learn from our past.

1 comment:

  1. Well put my friend!! Good luck to Jordan next week!

    ReplyDelete