Jul 12, 2010

He Just Made It!


(Jordan sitting with 1200 kids in the stands at the Vancouver Youth Celebration on day one of the conference)


The first LDS family to set up their lives here in British Colombia

was the Copley family in 1875.

Over a hundred and thirty years later,
not 1971 the year I was born,

or 1989 the year I graduated from high school ,

or 2004 the year I gave birth to my second daughter.

but May 2010, that was the year our temple was erected and a

youth celebration was organized.

Jordan would be exactly twelve years and eight months old.

Eight months earlier and he would have been too young.

One hundred and thirty years in the making . . .


He just made it.



A Little Lesson

Standing on the stage a few steps away from Elder Uchtdorf and the

Prophet of the Lord while conducting 5000 people singing O Canada. . . terrifying.


Being interviewed by the Ensign and laughing and joking with those

women like they were my BFF's . . .exhilarating.


Watching the 1200 kids singing the music I had borrowed from heaven. . .breathtaking.


Being there with my son who was actually one of the youth. . .

perfectly unforgettable.


He just made it!