Aug 29, 2011

Paths of Danger



"There were some times mom where it got . . .(dramatic pause) pretty dangerous."
my son says to me as he arrives home from his scout camp.
"I only fell once, but if I had fallen in this one part. . . ya it would have been game over."

I made some granola bars, wiped down the cooler, picked up some sausages from Save On and did a few more little things to make sure he had what he needed for the camp.
I try not to think about what they actually do when they're gone.

Steep inclines, rocky precarious paths, plummeting crevices, icy footings
but waiting for him at the top . . .
"Mom, the view was incredible, we could see the tops of mountains from every direction!"

A Little Lesson:
Scout camp . . . life from 12yrs until he leaves on his mission. . .
pretty much the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment